Sunday, December 13, 2015

Payton makes it back to our place...


When I talked to Payton back in August, if I told him I'd be posting his blog in mid-December, he woulda told me I was all kinds of crazy.

Crazy I am, I guess.

After prodding Mama Crystal for months, Payton finally got his madre to call and a November 12th session was set.

Then November 12th rolled around.

And as luck wouldn't have it... it was one of those sustained 30 mph wind days with temps to match, and a postponement was in order.

Team Whitebreast insisted on an afternoon slot, so a two-week torturous wait ensured to get Mr. Payton back in the fold... but it ended up being worth it.

The reunion with Payton and his mom finally occurred  on the first of December.   And I say "reunion" because there's a history here.

Crystal and my wife attended college together back in.... well... we'll just say a FEW years ago.   So when Mrs. Whitebreast's first child, Lexus graduated in 2011, she brought her business our way.   The whole fam damily came back to see me a year later in 2012 for a fall family session, in which I got to meet the men of the family.... Crystal's hubs, Arlan.   And then just a freshman, Payton.

My how time flies.   Fast forward three years and Payton is now a senior... still helping manage the Trojan girls basketball teams at South Tama County... but now looking forward to what he wants to do with the rest of his life.

As I often do, I picked the brain of our guest of honor for the day....

"What are your plans for next year and beyond?"

I had to chuckle with his answer.

"I'm either gonna be a veterinarian.... or maybe go to school for culinary arts."

Certainly a wide range of potential careers there.   But you know what?   You're only young once... and it's NOW that you have the world by the tail... calling your own shots.   Why not, I say.   If dude wants to save animals... or perhaps prepare them for dinner.   That's HIS prerogative!

So, August turned into December... and while the weather, for the most part was cooperative on his second scheduled shoot date, we didn't escape the day without a little blowing snow on the last set of the last outfit.  A little Fall mixed with a little Winter.   A wide range of seasons to go with our senior with a wide range of future potential.

Thanks for coming back to see us again, Whitebreast family. 






















No comments: