Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Let it Rain-a

Well, they couldn't name her Flood.

Raina Edel was our Thursday afternoon senior, and sometimes, with unique names, I like to know the story behind the name.

So it came up during Raina's session... and her mother, Peggy told me.

"Well... she was born in 1993."

Enough said. ;-)

So I now know why the girl I've watched at Main Street Dance Academy the past few years is called what she's called. She has a unique name... so then, it was on to trying to create unique images!

The girl was a lot of fun as the smile just oozes from her. Somehow... someway, I did manage to get a couple serious poses. I got a kick out of her mom calling the quite obviously dark haired girl, a "blond" on occasion. HA!

The nice part for me is seemingly always being able to hit the poses dead on and with ease when I'm photographing a dancer... and Thursday was no exception. Maybe it's something to do with always seeing themselves in the mirror? Whatever it is... it makes my job easier... so thank you! ;-)

If I've said it once... I've probably said it 10 or 15 times this summer... Raina is yet another GMG senior to grace my studio this year. I can't thank my Wolverine contingent enough this season... it's been awesome to have such support... and many close friends coming here over and over... knowing that I won't cookie-cutter their session. That feels amazing...

We ended the day with another mega trophy set up. The girl (and her studio) has accomplished much... I love the silhouetted image below... moody and artistic.












No comments: